Free e-learning programme
Creativity, capacity building and business ideas for cultural management and tourism
The project members of the CULTOUR+ project (Erasmus+ 2015-1-ES01-KA203-016142) are pleased to present the fully online programme “Creativity, capacity building and business ideas for cultural management and tourism“.
It is a free specialization programme that contains 6 modular courses. The basic idea is that each one lasts 3 weeks. Each week you should open a new block and work some 4 hours. This gives you a total of 72 working hours after 18 weeks what would grant you a certificate of 2 ECTS[i].
The programme will be open for the rest of the year (2018) and you will be able to access contents and evaluate your knowledge doing short tests. Feel free to choose the modular course(s) of your interest and your working rhythm. Once completed, those who want to, will have access to a certificate and 2 ECTS paying a fee of 30 €.
We encourage you to register and join the Cultour+ virtual community, a fantastic network to share knowledge, professional interests and opportunities.
Acquire more specialized skills and competences that will allow you to formulate and implement your business ideas for cultural management and tourism in a more creative and innovative way.
- Young (minded) people with a higher education degree and active in cultural tourism.
- Students of Social Sciences (Tourism & Hospitality, Anthropology, Sociology, Economy, Education,…)
- Professionals from the public or private sector who work in the area of tourism and/or cultural heritage/management (tour guides, cultural managers, civil servants, project managers, researchers and professors, etc.)
- People interested in the area of tourism and/or cultural heritage/management.
Structure of the programme
Module 1 | Sustainable tourism
- Block 1 – Sustainable development, the three pillars of sustainable development and the sustainable development goals (SDG) of the UN.
- Block 2 – To link sustainable development and tourism
- Block 3 – Help visitors to be more sustainable/responsible
Module 2 | Skills and competences for guiding in cultural tourism
- Block 1 – Techniques and skills to be a good guide
- Block 2 – Tourism experiences and guiding
- Block 3 – Creative Tourism and guiding. How guides can integrate creative tourism principles in their daily practices
Module 3 | Skills and competences to enhance transfer of knowledge, mediation and accessibility in cultural tourism
- Block 1 – Tour guiding and digital media
- Block 2 – Principles and guidelines for cultural mediation and heritage interpretation
- Block 3 – Accessible tourism in a cultural tourism context
Module 4 | The Internet as a means of communication and promotion. Educational. A manual for entrepreneurs in the tourism sector
- Block 1 – Planning your website
- Block 2 – Developing content
- Block 3 – Social Media
Module 5 | Applied Digital Storytelling
- Block 1 – Storytelling for soft skills empowerment
- Block 2 – Digital storytelling as an educational tool to enhance heritage interpretation
- Block 3 – Digital storytelling of heritage sites to enhance quality tourism
Module 6 | International Project Management
- Block 1 – General guidelines to fill out project application forms
- Block 2 – Time management, planning and controlling the execution of bigger projects
- Block 3 – Quality and risks of international projects
- Professor Veronique Joukes (UTAD)
- Professor Martin Gómez-Ullate (Universidade Extremadura)
- Altheo Valentini (European Grants International Academy – Egina)
- Aphrodite Kamara (Time Heritage; PhD)
- Carlos Fernandes (IPVC; PhD)
- Despoina Lampada, (Time Heritage; M.A, PhD candidate)
- Francesco Zaralli (Futuro Digitale)
- Kleopatra Ferla (Time Heritage; Phd)
- Marco De Cave (Futuro Digitale)
- Marco Mangut Rodriguez (experienced freelance guide – Extremadura)
- Martin Gómez-Ullate (Universidade Extremadura; PhD)
- Susana Rachão (Researcher INNOVINE & WINE; UTAD; PhD candidate)
- Veronique Joukes (UTAD; PhD)
- Yorgos Tzedopoulos (Time Heritage; PhD)
Consulting team (e-Learning)
- Ana Margarida Maia (UTAD – Serviços de Informática e Comunicações; PhD)
- Carlos Vaz (UTAD – Serviços de Informática e Comunicações; Master)
Registration and platform
Co-Financiado por: Erasmus+ project 2015-1-ES01-KA203-016142
[i] Certification is conditioned to a registration fee of 30€.